Brenda Kay Wille
27 Years Old

April 25, 1962 to February 23, 1989

Brenda Wille, of Cornelius, Oregon, was a quiet, loving and caring person. While she was growing up, she learned how to play the piano and guitar. Her family was a very close family with many get-togethers throughout the year. She enjoyed these functions where there was always a chance to display these talents and many others.

One of her favorite family get-togethers was a picnic at Benson State Park, where for years, it was meant to be used as a birthday party for her grandmother Bonnie. There was always a baseball game and then the hike in the mountains over to Multnomah Falls.

Brenda liked to travel and after a trip to Hawaii, she put together a family luau in her backyard. This included family entertainment. To go along with the traveling, she liked camping, but as time went on, she didn't get to do it much. She also liked animals, especially dogs and had a few of them in her short life.

After Brenda got married, she was still very involved with the family functions and added two daughters of her own. She showed a lot of love for the girls, but that was cut short when she was murdered. The girls were two and three years old.

After high school, her caring for others carried on to her profession. She graduated from Western Business College and went on to become a medical assistant and bookkeeper.

Brenda lived most of her life in Oregon, but during her marriage, had lived in Washington for a short time.

She was known as "Peanut" to her family and was very much loved. Peanut is missed by all.


On February 23, 1989, Brenda Wille, 27, of Cornelius, Oregon, was living with her mom in a trailer park outside of Hillsboro, Oregon. She had moved into her mom's mobile home after her husband, Michael, punched her in the face. Brenda had been hiding the fact that she was being physically and emotionally abused during their marriage.

She had a restraining order that was granted after Michael had taken her for a ride in his car, while threatening to kill her with a gun.

The evening of February 23, Michael showed up at the back door of the mobile home. Brenda called 911 for help then left the phone off the hook when Michael broke through the door.

Her mother, Helen, held their two-year-old daughter, Patricia, while begging Michael not to hurt Brenda. He then dragged Brenda screaming out the front door and made his way to his car. Sometime during the struggle in the driveway, he began stabbing her.

During this time, Helen had continued the phone call with 911. Minutes later, as they burst through the door of the neighbors' home, Michael finished his rampage with two final stab wounds through Brenda's back.

Michael was convicted of aggravated murder and sentenced to life in prison with a possibility of parole. As of February, 1997, he was still in prison.

back to 9