Liza Ellen Warner

29 Years Old
May 17, 1975 to October 1, 2004

My daughter, Liza Warner was 29 years of age when she was murdered. She was a very successful hairstylist with a clientele of over 1,000. Not only was she beautiful outside but was also a beautiful woman inside and was always thinking of others and always tried to accommodate her clients as well as her family and friends.

She was born and grew up in the Town of East Greenbush, New York. She attended Columbia High School and Austin Beauty School. Her first job was at a very upscale salon in the Albany, NY area and she worked very hard as an assistant to the senior stylists at that salon and was mentored by some of the best in our area. Liza worked hard and found herself very much in demand by her clients. She moved on to another upscale salon and was employed at Ania”s Hair Studio and Spa when she was murdered. She had studied at Bumble and Bumble in New York City the summer before her death. Liza loved motorcycle riding and skiing and adored her pets. She also was devoted to running 7 miles each day. She was passionate about her work and was dedicated to her many clients. Over 2,000 attended her wake and the church was at capacity for her funeral Mass. She left to mourn her, Her Dad, Mom, Brother, sister-in-law, aunts, cousins, and nieces and many, many friends.


My daughter, Liza Warner was murdered by her husband, Russell Warner on October 1, 2004, who then committed suicide. Liza had decided to end their marriage of 5 years. He was 12 years her senior in years but she far surpassed him in maturity. She had told him that she was unhappy in the marriage and that very night he tied her up and raped her and tried to smother her. That was September 2, 2004. Liza did not tell anyone about this until she told me on September 12th. She pretended that everything was okay as long as he did not mean to kill her. She left her home on September 17, 2004. He became suicidal and was admitted to a local private psychiatric hospital in Saratoga, NY on the evening of September 21st. She then moved back into her home feeling safe. He was discharged from that hospital on September 30th and she packed up his belongings and kept his house keys. On October 1st (the very next day) late in the evening, he kicked in the door. Liza had just gone to bed. She dialed 911, there was a disconnect and he shot her in the head with a 12 gauge shotgun. After threatening to kill the first responding officer, he returned to the room in which he murdered my daughter and killed himself.

back to 25

Liza Ellen Warner