Alexix Shay Morris
8 Years Old

May 8, 1994 to December 21, 2002

Alexis Shay Morris, was 8 years old when she was brutally stabbed by her father, after witnessing the murder of her Mother and brothers.

She was born on May 8th, a Mothers Day gift and miracle. You see when her Mom was five months pregnant with her, she had to have emergency gall bladder surgery. Her middle name of Shay was for Renee’s best friend, Shannon who she nicknamed Shay, since the fourth grade. For the first year of her life her pictures looked so much like her older brother that all of them had to be carefully labeled with her name. They could have been twins, till her hair grew out. She was all girl, loving everything feminine. She loved flowers of any kind, but her gift was music. She sang like an angel and was learning to play musical instruments. She loved horses also and had quite a collection of toy ones to play with. She was an average student, because she would rather be with family or friends doing fun things. She was very close with her Mother and Grandma Pat. She loved being a little girl and imitated her Mother by taking care of dolls. She had a very soft voice, like a whisper, but a beautiful smile and laugh. One day a stray cat kept coming to their house and Alexis decided it was her buddy and the family adopted it, but it was Alexis’s cat and she named him Buddy. Her Mom fixed dinner every night, but on occasion Renee had her parents or others over to join them. Alexis decided her goal was to grow up and fix dinner for Grandma Pat, too! She brought us much joy and we miss her terribly!


Renee Lynn Morris and seven-month fetus Noah Daniel were brutally murdered on December 21, 2002, along with Bryant, Alexis, and Johnathan, by Edward Morris, her husband and father of the children. The crime was pre-meditated and he enlisted the help of Renee’s Mother and Renee’s best friend Shannon to help with the surprise trip to the coast. Surprise trips were frequent in their family for special occasions, so Edward’s actions were a total surprise to everyone who knew him. He was evaluated twice at the Oregon State Hospital and found sane. He is serving four consecutive life sentences in Oregon, with no appeals or paroles, due to a plea bargain agreement.

The family gratefully acknowledges the support, cooperation, communication, and tireless efforts of the Portland Chapter of POMC, the Oregon State Police, and Portland FBI, the Tillamook County Sheriff and staff, the District Attorney and his staff of Tillamook County, the Portland Police, our family and friends and especially other survivors!

back to 25

Alexix Morris